Question about Children

FAQ on Divorce

Question about Children: Court's concern about children's welfare

When there are children of the marriage, the court has to consider the arrangements for their welfare. Children means who are below 18 and if still receiving full-time education, the applicable age is 21. The court will make a decree absolute until the court is satisfied with the arrangements for the children.

The Registrar will issue a Certificate of Decree Absolute to each party if he is satisfied that the statutory requirements have been complied with.


Share by: